Here’s your roadmap for the mini-mester!
Every class session has four important sections. You should read about the details for each using the main menu at the top of this webpage.
- Content (): This page contains the readings, slides, and recorded lectures for the topic. Read and watch these first each day.
- Lesson (): This page contains an interactive lesson that teaches you the principles and code you need to know. Go through these after doing the content.
- Example (): This page contains fully annotated R code that you can use as a reference for creating your own visualizations. This is only a reference page—you don’t have to necessarily do anything here. Each section also contains videos of me live coding the examples so you can see what it looks like to work with R in real time. This page will be very helpful as you work on your assignments.
- Assignment (): This page contains the instructions for either the session exercise (1–3 brief tasks), or for the two mini projects and final project. Assignments are due by 11:59 PM on the day they’re listed.
tl;dr: You should follow this general process each day:
- Do everything on the content () page
- Work through the lesson () page
- Complete the assignment () while referencing the example ()